.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Say My Name, Say My Name

As of 11 o'clock this morning, I'm now Cole Moore Odell. After 12 years of marriage, I've finally done what I should have done on my wedding day, and taken my wife's maiden name as part of my own. As I had to explain to the judge, and I'm sure I will explain to a few more people before I die, Moore isn't a middle name, it's the first part of an unhyphenated last name. My full name is as follows:

"Cole Francis Moore Odell, that's M-O-O-R-E, no hyphen, O-D-E-L-L, no apostrophe in Odell."

The judge's last name, by way of contrast, was "Pu".

For his part, Abe says when he turns 18 he's changing his name to "Punchy Pigfoot."

Comments:
I'm going to mail you something just so I can address it Coal Frances More-O'Dell.
 
I demand more o'dell!

More!
 
Why didn't you change it to Rodney Odell?
A.M.
 
you could always have combined the two last names, the mayor of Los Anegeles -- he combined his surname (Villar) with that of his wife (Raigosa) and now goes by Villaraigosa.

so. you could have been Cole Odor.
 
I think baseball player Nomar Garciaparra's name came about the same way-- parents named Garcia and Parra.

We also could have gone with Modell. Before we got married we discussed avoiding the entire thing by changing our last name to "Lucky". But Moore Odell is the way Anne went in '94, and it's what the kids have, so I figure this makes the most sense--even if I have to explain it to doctor's clerks and DMV employees for the rest of my life.

At least my last name isn't Ostomy.
 
Shoulda changed it to MODOK, fool!

Transmisially yours,

Kraven
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?