.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

New Batman Writer

If Grant Morrison has to leave Batman for any reason, I recommend my three-year-old, Abe, as his replacement. He dictated two plots to us today:

Robin and Batman. They are on the boat and Robin throws his sword to Batman. Then Batman battles the bad guys and Catwoman's cat is on the boat. More battling. Then they go home to the Batcave.

Okay, that one is "inspired" by the 1966 Batman movie. Still, it has verve, and with the right artist--I'm thinking Mike Golden--it could be stretched into 6 issues for the trade. Here's another:

Batman and Robin are on a mission. The mission is to try to find bad guys. They look in trees and in bushes. They find some bad guys: the Joker, the Penguin and all the bad guys. Then they fight. The fight is going good. And Robin finds a well and kicks the bad guys into a well. And Batman kicks more bad guys in. That's the end of the story.

Or is it only the beginning? Hey, Frank Miller, I've got your All-Star right here.

Comments:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I remember another little boy who dictated Superhero plots to me, and insisted I type them up, oh, about 30 years ago.
A.M.
 
Ah, I see you've guessed the topic of my next post.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?